Railway complex is of particular strategic importance for Russia. This is the link of a single economic system provides stable operation of industrial enterprises, the timely supply of essential goods to the most remote corners of the country and is the most affordable transport for millions of citizens.
Russian Railways is part of the global top three railway companies. The company's facts:
- huge volumes of freight and passenger transport;
- high financial ratings;
- qualified specialists in all areas of rail transport;
- big scientific and technical base;
- design and construction of power;
- significant experience in international cooperation.
Russian Railways was established by the RF Government Decree of September 18, 2003 № 585. The creation of the company was the first stage of the railway sector reform in accordance with the RF Government Resolution dated May 18, 2001 № 384.
October 1, 2003
- the beginning of the activity of JSC Russian Railways.
The founder and sole shareholder of JSC Russian Railways is the Russian Federation. On behalf of the Russian Federation to the shareholder by the Government of the Russian Federation.
The property of Company was formed by making the authorized capital of JSC Russian Railways according to the book value of assets of 987 organizations, the federal railways owned by the state.
Russian Railways authorized capital
|Authorised capital (in roubles)||Authorised capital (in shares)|
|13.04.2018||2 229 925 145 000||2 229 925 145|
Specifications of Russian Railways
|The operational length of railways||85.5 thousand km|
|The length of electrified lines||43.7 thousand km|
|Type||The amount, thousand.|
|Freight locomotives (diesel and electric)||11.8|
|Freight cars of all types||196,3|
|Shunting locomotives (diesel)||5,9|
|Passenger locomotives (diesel and electric)||3,1|
|Passenger cars of long-distance*||21|
|Passenger cars of suburban trains||14,3|
* Operation is carried by Russian Railways SDC holding company.
The company's mission is the development of effective competitive in the domestic and international markets of transport business, the core of which is the effective implementation of the objectives of the national rail carrier of freight and passengers, and the owner of the railway infrastructure of common use.
The main objectives of the company - ensuring the needs of the state, legal and natural persons in railway transport, works and services rendered by rail, as well as profit.
The strategic goals of the company:
- transport business expansion;
- production and economic efficiency increase;
- improving quality and safety of transportation;
- deep integration into the Euro-Asian transport system;
- financial stability and efficiency increase.
- freight transportation;
- long-distance passenger service;
- suburban passenger service;
- provision of infrastructure;
- provision of locomotive traction services;
- rolling stock repairing;
- infrastructure construction;
- research and development activities;
- maintenance of social sector.